The Obama administration’s fourth major meeting with China, involving multiple Cabinet Secretaries and Chinese Ministers, theStrategic and Economic Dialogue (S&ED), will be held May 3 and 4 in Beijing. As usual, the U.S. delegation will be lead by Secretaries Clinton and Geithner, and their Chinese hosts will be Vice Premier Wang Qishan (who focuses on economic policy) and State Councilor Dai Bingguo (responsible for foreign policy).
Walking away from last year’s Copenhagen negotiations disillusioned, youth from China and the United States decided to not let last year’s disappointing talks and an unreleased joint statement be the last the world heard (or didn’t) of them. Instead, they decided that if they expected their respective governments to cooperate on climate change, dialogue needed to happen first amongst themselves.
By Angel Hsu and Luke Bassett, part of Yale University’s “Team China” blogging live from Copenhagen. This post was originally featured on Green Leap Forward. Today (Day 8), our fingers have finally thawed out after waiting two hours outside the Bella Center (can you spot us in the picture to the right?)- the nexus of […]
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beijing starts new bike-sharing program July 10, 2012
- Call for Submissions: 2014 EPI Seeking Data for Wastewater Treatment September 27, 2013
- World Water Week Highlights Need for Global Cooperation on Water Indicators September 23, 2013
- 100% Pure? Assessing the State of Environment in New Zealand August 26, 2013
- Does the Environment Need Big Data? July 9, 2013
- Please take a minute and support our MIT Climate Co-Lab proposal! June 15, 2013
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
- Angel Hsu: there's a new tool called Google Maps Engine: che...
- edmore mattekenya: can Google earth be used for drawing a map on the ...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter