In the politics of climate negotiations, which are often steeped in nuance and careful posturing, it’s easy to get lost in translation. On the ground in Cancun, reports have been flying about China’s so-called “game-changing” concessions, which could possibly “buoy” the climate Talks, which are quickly nearing an end. As we’re both on the ground in Cancun, we’re going to try to clear the air and get to the bottom of what exactly the Chinese have and haven’t said in the climate negotiations.
Angel Hsu scaled the Great Firewall of China to report on U.S. Deputy Climate Envoy Jonathan Pershing’s dim sum outing.
“Went to have dinner at Ding Tai Fung in #Tianjin. Guess who was there? US lead negotiator Jonathan Pershing. Can’t get away from that guy!” Hsu, who tweets by the handle @ecoangelhsu, told her 352 followers.
My 15 seconds of fame with U.S. Department of Energy Secretary, Steven Chu:
The 2 Biggest Carbon Emitters Find Common Ground in Clean Energy Technology – NYTimes.com
Angel Hsu, a doctoral candidate at Yale University, told the commission that the United States is “already late in coming to the game” of green energy cooperation with China.
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beyond ‘Crazy Bad’: Explaining Beijing’s Extreme Air Pollution January 19, 2013
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Provinces in China commit to air pollution targets February 12, 2014
- Podcast introducing the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 10, 2014
- Video introduction to the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 9, 2014
- Launch of the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 6, 2014
- Joey Chiang: I read your article of Wuhan's decade's worst ai...
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter