In the politics of climate negotiations, which are often steeped in nuance and careful posturing, it’s easy to get lost in translation. On the ground in Cancun, reports have been flying about China’s so-called “game-changing” concessions, which could possibly “buoy” the climate Talks, which are quickly nearing an end. As we’re both on the ground in Cancun, we’re going to try to clear the air and get to the bottom of what exactly the Chinese have and haven’t said in the climate negotiations.
Angel Hsu scaled the Great Firewall of China to report on U.S. Deputy Climate Envoy Jonathan Pershing’s dim sum outing.
“Went to have dinner at Ding Tai Fung in #Tianjin. Guess who was there? US lead negotiator Jonathan Pershing. Can’t get away from that guy!” Hsu, who tweets by the handle @ecoangelhsu, told her 352 followers.
My 15 seconds of fame with U.S. Department of Energy Secretary, Steven Chu:
The 2 Biggest Carbon Emitters Find Common Ground in Clean Energy Technology – NYTimes.com
Angel Hsu, a doctoral candidate at Yale University, told the commission that the United States is “already late in coming to the game” of green energy cooperation with China.
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- How does China’s 12th Five-Year Plan address energy and the environment? March 7, 2011
- Development: Mobilize citizens to track sustainability March 31, 2014
- China’s performance on the 2014 Environmental Performance Index – What are the key takeaways? March 28, 2014
- China-India Smog Rivalry a Sign of Global Menace March 27, 2014
- Do perceptions of environment match reality? Environmental Performance according to Google Autocomplete March 27, 2014
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Angel: Thanks, Joey! Best of luck at the University of Wa...
- Joey Chiang: I read your article of Wuhan's decade's worst ai...
- Thursday Linkage – China’s Environmental Impact Edition » Duck of Minerva: […] Hsu writes that all Chinese provinces,...
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter