Check out Chinfographics, a great data visualization site that has a lot of useful graphics of data, statistics, and other phenomena regarding China. Each graphic is accompanied by a brief blog post explaining the data used to the develop the graphic, along with a bit of contextualization. I firmly believe in the power of eye-catching, simple […]
I recently discovered Gapminder.org, a non-profit data visualization venture whose mantra is “Unveiling the beauty of statistics for a fact based world view.” While started as an independent initiative in Stockholm back in 2005, it caught the eye of Google, which then acquired the site and the “Trendalyzer” software in 2007. As someone who works […]
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beijing starts new bike-sharing program July 10, 2012
- Call for Submissions: 2014 EPI Seeking Data for Wastewater Treatment September 27, 2013
- World Water Week Highlights Need for Global Cooperation on Water Indicators September 23, 2013
- 100% Pure? Assessing the State of Environment in New Zealand August 26, 2013
- Does the Environment Need Big Data? July 9, 2013
- Please take a minute and support our MIT Climate Co-Lab proposal! June 15, 2013
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
- Angel Hsu: there's a new tool called Google Maps Engine: che...
- edmore mattekenya: can Google earth be used for drawing a map on the ...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter