This post originally appeared on Huffington Post. It was co-written and compiled by researchers Omar Malik, Laura Johnson, Avi Allison, Kelly Coplin, Nora Hawkins, Susanne Stahl and Sarah Guy at the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy. The 2014 Environmental Performance Index (EPI) ranks 178 countries on how well they perform on high-priority environmental issues in two broad […]
Here’s a podcast of me and Jason Daniel Schwartz talking about the 2014 Environmental Performance Index.
Here’s a video I recorded with the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies to introduce some of the key findings of the 2014 Environmental Performance Index.
On January 25 at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, I had the pleasure of launching the 2014 Environmental Performance Index on behalf of my colleagues at the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy and the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) at Columbia University. The Environmental Performance Index is a biennial ranking of how well countries […]
The United Nations has officially designated 2013 as the International Year of Water Cooperation. In response to this global call for action, the Environmental Performance Index (EPI) team is seeking to improve upon its water indicators for the 2014 edition, which will be released in January. Over the years, we’ve attempted to measure country-level performance on […]
World Water Week drew to a close earlier this month with a charge to the United Nations to consider aspecial emphasis on water as part of a post-2015 development agenda. As the UN deliberatesSustainable Development Goals (SDGs), indicators are critical components as they track progress toward universal targets.
While The Lord of the Rings films have brought global attention to New Zealand’s breathtaking scenery and natural environment, a recent dairy contamination scandal by Fonterra – the largest dairy producer in the country – has blighted New Zealand’s image as “100% Pure.” Environmental issues are now at the forefront of the country’s policy debate, marked by concerns regarding […]
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beyond ‘Crazy Bad’: Explaining Beijing’s Extreme Air Pollution January 19, 2013
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Provinces in China commit to air pollution targets February 12, 2014
- Podcast introducing the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 10, 2014
- Video introduction to the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 9, 2014
- Launch of the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 6, 2014
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
- Angel Hsu: there's a new tool called Google Maps Engine: che...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter