Check out our policy commentary, “Development: Mobilize citizens to track sustainability” on Nature.com and in the April 3 print edition of Nature, vol. 508. Also, check out the amazing infographic Anne Householder created to accompany the piece.
This piece was co-written with William Miao. It originally appeared on ChinaFAQs. Amidst headlines detailing off-the-charts air pollution in Beijing, it may come as a surprise that China’s latest environmental scorecard does boast bright spots. The 2014 Yale Environmental Performance Index (EPI) – a biennial global ranking of how well countries perform on a range […]
Do perceptions of environment match reality? Environmental Performance according to Google Autocomplete
This blog was originally posted on The Metric. It was co-written with Amy Weinfurter, MEM’15 at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. Which countries have the reputation for being the most ‘environmentally-friendly,’ and does the perception match the reality? Two recent articles in Foreign Policy (“A map of China by stereotype”, March 4) […]
This post originally appeared on Huffington Post. It was co-written and compiled by researchers Omar Malik, Laura Johnson, Avi Allison, Kelly Coplin, Nora Hawkins, Susanne Stahl and Sarah Guy at the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy. The 2014 Environmental Performance Index (EPI) ranks 178 countries on how well they perform on high-priority environmental issues in two broad […]
Here’s a podcast of me and Jason Daniel Schwartz talking about the 2014 Environmental Performance Index.
Here’s a video I recorded with the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies to introduce some of the key findings of the 2014 Environmental Performance Index.
On January 25 at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos, Switzerland, I had the pleasure of launching the 2014 Environmental Performance Index on behalf of my colleagues at the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy and the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN) at Columbia University. The Environmental Performance Index is a biennial ranking of how well countries […]
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- How does China’s 12th Five-Year Plan address energy and the environment? March 7, 2011
- Development: Mobilize citizens to track sustainability March 31, 2014
- China’s performance on the 2014 Environmental Performance Index – What are the key takeaways? March 28, 2014
- China-India Smog Rivalry a Sign of Global Menace March 27, 2014
- Do perceptions of environment match reality? Environmental Performance according to Google Autocomplete March 27, 2014
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Angel: Thanks, Joey! Best of luck at the University of Wa...
- Joey Chiang: I read your article of Wuhan's decade's worst ai...
- Thursday Linkage – China’s Environmental Impact Edition » Duck of Minerva: […] Hsu writes that all Chinese provinces,...
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter