As its negotiators head to Durban, South Africa for the next round of the UNFCCC climate negotiations, China can point to significant progress in domestic climate policy since the Cancun negotiations a year ago. March, 2011 saw the adoption of China’s 12th Five-Year Plan, binding domestically China’s first phase of its Copenhagen and Cancun commitments to reduce its carbon intensity 40 to 45 percent by 2020. In this first year of the new Five Year Plan, China also adopted a number of specific climate-related implementation measures (For a more exhaustive list, see China’s just published White Paper on its climate change activities).
This post originally appeared on the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy blog. In March, China released its 12th Five-Year Plan – a blueprint outlining the key economic and development targets for the country over the next few years. Unlike previous Plans, climate change and energy are featured prominently, and a strong emphasis is […]
Radio86 Editor Andrew Jones interviews me on my thoughts of China’s 12th Five Year Plan. The original interview can be found here.
The National People’s Congress has very recently approved China’s plans for the next five years. Known as the 12th Five-Year Plan, it sets the targets for China over the 2011-2015 period for areas including the economy, restructuring, agriculture, livelihood and reform, as well as the environment and clean energy.
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beyond ‘Crazy Bad’: Explaining Beijing’s Extreme Air Pollution January 19, 2013
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Provinces in China commit to air pollution targets February 12, 2014
- Podcast introducing the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 10, 2014
- Video introduction to the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 9, 2014
- Launch of the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 6, 2014
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
- Angel Hsu: there's a new tool called Google Maps Engine: che...
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter