A few ambitious undergraduate students from Beijing City University filmed a documentary on air quality in Beijing, particularly examining the issue of PM 2.5 measurement and reporting. They interviewed me when I was in Beijing in March. The reason why I speak in English during the interview as opposed to in Chinese is because of the relatively sensitive nature of the questions they planned to ask me. As a Chinese-American, I consider myself American first and foremost and wanted that to come across. Depending on how they edited the video, I was worried that something I said may have been taken out of context, so it was important for me to not appear as a Chinese, but rather as an outside expert.
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beyond ‘Crazy Bad’: Explaining Beijing’s Extreme Air Pollution January 19, 2013
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Provinces in China commit to air pollution targets February 12, 2014
- Podcast introducing the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 10, 2014
- Video introduction to the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 9, 2014
- Launch of the 2014 Environmental Performance Index February 6, 2014
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
- Angel Hsu: there's a new tool called Google Maps Engine: che...
12th Five Year Plan 12th FYP air pollution air quality API AQI Beijing Cancun China chinadialogue chinafaqs China in Copenhagen cities clean energy Climate climate change COP15 COP17 cop18 Data Doha Durban energy Environmental Performance Index EPI forestry indicators Indices IPE media metrics MRV negotiations PM 2.5 Remote Sensing Rio+20 targets Tianjin transport UNFCCC United States water Yale Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy YCELP
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter
Photos on flickr
Follow on Tumblr - Follow angelhsu