A few ambitious undergraduate students from Beijing City University filmed a documentary on air quality in Beijing, particularly examining the issue of PM 2.5 measurement and reporting. They interviewed me when I was in Beijing in March. The reason why I speak in English during the interview as opposed to in Chinese is because of the relatively sensitive nature of the questions they planned to ask me. As a Chinese-American, I consider myself American first and foremost and wanted that to come across. Depending on how they edited the video, I was worried that something I said may have been taken out of context, so it was important for me to not appear as a Chinese, but rather as an outside expert.
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- Beijing starts new bike-sharing program July 10, 2012
- Call for Submissions: 2014 EPI Seeking Data for Wastewater Treatment September 27, 2013
- World Water Week Highlights Need for Global Cooperation on Water Indicators September 23, 2013
- 100% Pure? Assessing the State of Environment in New Zealand August 26, 2013
- Does the Environment Need Big Data? July 9, 2013
- Please take a minute and support our MIT Climate Co-Lab proposal! June 15, 2013
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
- Justin Sacher\'s Blog : Cute air quality: [...] Angel Hsu compiled this sampler image from S...
- Cute air quality | Justin Sacher's Blog: [...] Environmental journalist Angel Hsu compiled ...
- Angel Hsu: there's a new tool called Google Maps Engine: che...
- edmore mattekenya: can Google earth be used for drawing a map on the ...
12th Five Year Plan 12th FYP air quality API AQI Beijing Cancun China chinadialogue chinafaqs China in Copenhagen cities clean energy Climate climate change climate talks COP15 COP17 cop18 Data Doha Durban energy Environmental Performance Index EPI forestry Google indicators Indices IPE media metrics MRV negotiations NY Times PM 2.5 Remote Sensing Rio+20 targets Tianjin transport UNFCCC United States USCC water
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter
Photos on flickr
Follow on Tumblr - Follow angelhsu