While visiting Yuanyang, an area in Southeastern Yunnan known for its Hani minority culture and breathtaking rice terraces, I came across one of the more rural villages I have been to in China. Primarily an agricultural village, the people live with their pigs, cows, and chickens underneath their homes. The village lacks electricity and people burn animal manure for cooking and heating in their homes. Of course, using this type of solid fuel within the homes is not healthy and leads to indoor air pollution.
- Chinese NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index January 31, 2011
- Shanghai’s New Air Quality mascot January 22, 2013
- Follow-up: Just how does China’s air quality compare globally? February 16, 2011
- Real-time, hourly air quality data in China now available January 5, 2011
- How does China’s 12th Five-Year Plan address energy and the environment? March 7, 2011
- Development: Mobilize citizens to track sustainability March 31, 2014
- China’s performance on the 2014 Environmental Performance Index – What are the key takeaways? March 28, 2014
- China-India Smog Rivalry a Sign of Global Menace March 27, 2014
- Do perceptions of environment match reality? Environmental Performance according to Google Autocomplete March 27, 2014
- The 2014 Environmental Performance Index – Who’s on Top and Bottom? February 25, 2014
- Angel: Thanks, Joey! Best of luck at the University of Wa...
- Joey Chiang: I read your article of Wuhan's decade's worst ai...
- Thursday Linkage – China’s Environmental Impact Edition » Duck of Minerva: […] Hsu writes that all Chinese provinces,...
- Veja o ranking dos melhores (e dos piores!) países em desempenho ambiental | Visual News Notícias: […] FonteEnvironmental Performance Index An...
- Twitter Weekly Updates for 2011-02-11 | Mark Englehart Evans: [...] NGO releases Air Quality Transparency Index ...
12th Five Year Plan 12th FYP air pollution air quality API AQI Beijing Cancun China chinadialogue chinafaqs China in Copenhagen cities clean energy Climate climate change COP15 COP17 Data Doha Durban energy Environmental Performance Index EPI forestry Google indicators Indices IPE media metrics negotiations PM 2.5 Remote Sensing Rio+20 satellite data sustainability targets Tianjin transport UNFCCC United States Yale Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy YCELP
Follow @ecoangelhsu on Twitter
Photos on flickr
Follow on Tumblr - Follow angelhsu